Tuesday, May 3, 2011

What to Pack or to Kilt or Not to Kilt

Ok, so you have decided to go to Scotland and you are wondering what to pack.

Well being the seasoned traveler I have it down pat. I lived for 2 years out of a carry on travel bag. Granted I was not always in style but it seemed to work for me.

So first thing you do is to figure out what is essential for happiness. For me it is my feet being comfy, so I pack lots of socks. I have found that I can put up with a lot of misery if my feet are warm and dry (I like the Adidas Cool-Max Socks, very comfy)

Second is that you will forget something, so just accept it now and get over it.

Third don't over think the packing. Really you don't need to have a different outfit for each day. A couple pairs of jeans, 1 pair of slacks, a few shirts, a sweater and a light jacket is usually enough to last a week. I pack 1 pair of shoes and wear one pair on the plane. And of course I bring a ton of socks ;)

And besides if I packed too much where would I be able to put my Kilt?

3 comments:

  1. Oh, and yes Ray is leaving the Turbin at home. Don't want to risk it in the airport ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uh....Ray????....undies??????? Lol
    Lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheila, when in Scotland do as the Scots do ;)

    ReplyDelete